|MBBS course is approved by Medical council of India and fulfill the criteria which prescribe the minimum standards of medical education required for granting recognized medical qualifications ( other than postgraduate medical qualifications ) by universities or medical institutions in India and the person who pass the qualifying examination from this Medical Institution grant recognized medical qualification is entitled to register provisionally in a State Medical Register for the purpose of enabling him to be engaged in employment in a resident medical capacity in any approved institution, or in the Medical Service of the Armed Forces of the Union, and for no other purpose, on production of proper evidence that he has been selected for such employment.
DURATION-Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending over 4 ½ academic years divided into 9 semesters, (i.e. of 6 months each) from the date of commencement of his study for the subjects comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of examination and followed by one year compulsory rotating internship.
This college have total 50 seat for the MBBS course among which the distribution of seats are as follows-
For Central Nominee-4
All India quota-7
- 39 seats of state quota is filled by the selected students of BCECE Competitive entrance examination conducted by the Bihar government.
- 4 central Nominee are the students from Nagaland, Meghalaya,Tripura and Member of Defence.
- 7 candidates are selected from students of All India Pre Medical Competitive entrance examination.
No Candidates shall be allowed to be admitted to the Medical Curriculum of first Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course until :
- He/She shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year admission to the MBBS course.
- He/She has passed qualifying examination as under :-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges.
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination. The pre0-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a "University Examination" and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
- The pre-medical course may be conducted either at Medical College, or a science College.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS Course.
- After the 10+2 course is introduced, the integrated courses should be abolished.
- The selected candidate in Competitive entrance examination should report for the counseling in the first week of July on the basis of rank in the entrance test.
For the selection in Competitive entrance examination a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics,. Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in Physics Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive entrance examination by securing not less then 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology competitive examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes or other Backward Class the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above.
Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination and in case of selection for admission to the MBBS course, he shall not be admitted to that course until he fulfils the eligibility criteria under regulation.
If a candidate fails to confirm admission made to him/her the same shall stand cancelled and the resultant vacancy will be offered to the next eligible candidate in the second counseling.
Note-All admission process close upto 30th September.
At the time of admission –
Admision charge - Rs 100
Tution Fee - Rs 6000(Annually)
College Activity charge - Rs 14000 (for whole course duration)
TOTAL - Rs 9,700 (at the time of admission for 1 year)
Fees for the total course duration of 4 ½ academic years- Rs 27,000
Hostel charge- Rs 1200(Annually)
Scholorship are awarded from the State Welfare Department and minority commission for the Backward & minority students respectively.